Well let me tell you dolls!
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. Planning your wedding is not for the faint of heart; it requires a lot of time, energy and resources, which is why hiring a wedding planner is practically an unwritten law. If you want to avoid a stint in the psych ward, bankruptcy, family feuds, and – don’t even think it! – calling off the biggest party of your life, consider hiring a wedding planner to avoid headaches and any potential for disaster. If that doesn’t convince you, here are some more reasons why!
1. She saves you time. An average wedding takes a single individual 200 plus hours. A good planner will expedite that process by providing you with lists, vendors, and ideas that you don’t have to scour the web for! Most of us work, honey ! Who has time to plan a wedding ?
2. She saves you sanity. You called the church where you want the ceremony, and it’s already booked. You found your dream dress, but it’s $1000 over your budget. Your fiancé is begging to have his ex-con uncle act as best man. You’re at your wits end, and ready to throw in the towel. Wait! A wedding planner’s job is to listen to your needs and wants, and then deliver. They know where to find great dresses at lower prices, available venues that you may have never even considered, and they can help you navigate the strange etiquette that may occur.
3. She orchestrates from rehearsal through the end of reception. Do you want to be responsible for organizing rehearsal or making sure the bridal party is properly lined up? How about making sure that the guest who had a little too much to drink departs safely? Wedding planners orchestrate from rehearsal through the end of the reception, ensuring everything goes off without a hitch!
4. She keeps you on track. She keeps all of your timelines and other annoying details
, and checklists. Do we know anyone who likes them? And timelines. “Who has time to think of these boring things? I’m getting married!” I recall one bride saying. Actually, you might not be getting married after all if the minister does not show up. Timelines are critical. Timelines are necessary. And timelines keep your wedding planner sane. She thrives on them. You, however, should never be subjected to them. These are the things a bubbling bride should be kept far away from. They will certainly kill the excitement.
5. She makes your dream a reality. Your ideas are fabulous. But they are only the foundation of your theme. Remember: They are only ideas and pictures ripped out of magazines. Brides have ended up blowing their budget on one item to the detriment of the whole wedding. This is where your wedding planner becomes your magician. Knowing all the tricks and resources, your wedding planner can create a theme that runs through the whole event. They see the whole picture. If budget is a constraint, they will advise you how to economize and still achieve a similar look.
6. She will save your relationships.Weddings are very stressful. This stress often results in many arguments for couples as well as with family members and friends. Wedding planners have been there time and time again and know how to avoid such problems before they begin as well as act as a buffer when there are conflicts. Wedding planners are also able to take on the responsibilities often assigned to loved ones so that everyone is able to enjoy the wedding. Remember, you still want a relationship with your mother well after your wedding!
7. She will save you money, and who doesn’t like to save money?
Instead of relying on yourself to make the 73 phone calls and trips to the store to find the most gorgeous cake, perfect shoes, and affordable floral table arrangements, let the expert take the helm! A wedding planner has experience doing all of the things you are likely tackling for the first time, and one of those things is planning a party on a finite amount of cash. Let them sniff out the deals that suit your budget so you can be free to look after the myriad other things that need attention. Like you!
8. She will handle any crisis
Whether we like it or not, most big events involve crisis. Who really wants to deal on their wedding day with the bakery not delivering the cake on time or the flower girl throwing a tantrum? No one! Wedding planners know how to handle all unforeseen circumstances.
9. She is your Go-To Gal!
The average wedding has at least 22 different vendors. Combine that with the entire wedding party and all of the guests and that is a lot of people with questions and concerns! By hiring a wedding planner, couples can simply tell others “talk to the wedding planner!”
Picture your wedding day and really think about how you want to feel. Bets are that you do not want to feel anxious, harried, or on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Nor do you want to morph into the dreaded Bridezilla. You want to be as relaxed as possible, your mind free of concerns and fleeting panic, confident that everything is unfolding smoothly. This is the very essence of what a wedding planner does. They ensure that a timeline is tightly adhered to, that the ring-bearers have their rings, the photographer shows up on time, and the organist continues to play soothing music until it is time to crank out the Wedding March, all while you take a moment to appreciate the smell of your gardenia bouquet. Now, doesn’t that sound good…. So hire a planner today!